Τρίτη 6 Αυγούστου 2013

A guest book that turned into a journal!

Helllo blog friends.

It's August and most of you are on vacation. Well, I am back and I enjoy the empty city!

Today I will show you a journal that started as a joke. I was discussing with my friend Amy the  style of the Greek wedding  guest books. They are mostly dressed with linen of silk, are decorated with laces, gems,  pearls etc etc, and the majority is white with just a touch of an other color.

So I decided to gather my supplies to make  my dream guest book cover. It would not be white, and it would look antique. I made a mix of Quin Violet and Cobalt blue (Deco Art's Traditions, of course) and prepared my base color. After several washes of Quin Gold and black, I had my background ready. I played a little bit with encaustic and that was it.  I couldn't throw away it as a guest book, I had to make it a journal. 

It is now called  "The diary of a Victorian Lady"


“I entered the drawing room purposely late, just before dinner: a cloud of white tarlatane, wings of the same on my shoulders, festooned and trimmed everywhere with trailing ivy sprigs, interespersed with clusters of scarlet rose-berries in my hair.” She put the pen at the table beside the inkpot in an orderly way, and closed her diary with a sigh. It was such a good ball and she was so admired........







1 σχόλιο:

  1. Είναι τέλειο... Από τα ωραιότερα που έχεις φτιάξει!!!! Πάντα αυτό λέω, ε;;; Τι να κάνω που ότι φτιάξουν τα χεράκια σου είναι πανέμορφο και μοναδικό! ♥

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή