Δευτέρα 17 Σεπτεμβρίου 2012

I have a new book for you today!

I was working on the bookbinding workshop I will teach this Saturday. The project is to bind a book with the coptic stitch - an old bookbinding method that permits the book to open 360 degrees .

I was trying to decide on an intresting but simple stitching pattern for my students, when I was carried away and started playing a little. The result was this journal, and to tell you the truth, I fell in love with it, as soon as I finished the stitching! The faux leather I used, is a new material I found, and it is really really great as it looks and feels like real leather. I brainstormed over the closure, and I came up with a combination of metal, wood and bone parts, that I really love. I was thinking about engraving my initial on the corner using my pyrographer, but I have not decided yet, as perhaps I will sell this one and play again with an other.

Here is my journal








Tell me waht you think. Is it an easy stitcing for a beginner or not?

5 σχόλια:

  1. ...δεν ξέρω εαν είναι εύκολο η όχι είναι πάντως πανέμορφο! μπράβο σου Μυρτώ!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Καταπληκτικό!!!! Θέλω μάθημα στο πως έκανες το label μέσα από το δέρμα χωρίς να αγοράσω κανένα έξτρα εργαλείο :)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. This is stunning, and I'm fascinated by the closure! Best of luck with the class.. they're going to love it :D - vicki xo

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή